Allison H. Hartzoge
MA, LPC-S, NCC, BCN, QEEG-DL
I am a Licensed Professional Counselor Supervisor licensed by the Texas State Board of Examiners of Professional Counselors. I have a Masters of Arts degree in Clinical Psychology from The University of Texas of the Permian Basin and received a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering from Texas Tech University in Lubbock, Texas. In addition, I am a Neurotherapist, Board Certified by the Biofeedback Certification International Alliance in Neurofeedback, by the International Quantitative EEG Certification Board as a QEEG Licensed Diplomate and serve as IQCB Board Chairperson, as well as earning several additional advanced neurotherapy and trauma certifications, including EMDR.
In 2016, Archway, funded by The Henry Foundation and The Kidd Foundation, opened a second office within a local non-profit Resource Center providing a variety of therapy services to children with cognitive disabilities and their families. In 2018, Archway Outreach was established as a stand-alone nonprofit organization to expand the counseling and neurotherapy services in our community. This center employs three licensed, board certified therapists offering the same state-of-the-art collection of systems and services offered at Archway Support. As the owner of these practices, it is an honor to grow the availability of neurotherapy in our area by training highly qualified professionals and offering discounted fees for clients needing financial assistance. Funding to date has been provided by The Henry Foundation, FMH Foundation, Beal Foundation, Greathouse Foundation and Morrow Family Foundation and many individual contributors and I am grateful for their support of our services and this community’s mental health.
These educational credentials in psychology and the neurotherapy community, my personal life experience and over 20 years of corporate and management experience have equipped me to counsel and provide neurotherapy solutions to families, couples, adults, teens and children.
Email Allison — Allison@archwaysupport.com
Philosophy of Counseling
I approach counseling from client-centered, cognitive-behavioral and existential point of view with neurotherapy as my chief modality. To me, the emphasis of therapy is on your freedom and responsibility; to think, reflect and to choose. I believe that clients have the capacity to solve their own problems and make their own decisions. Together we will work to consider, choose and adjust treatment outcomes throughout the therapy process in order for you to receive the most benefit from your investment in treatment.
- Licensed Professional Counselor-Supervisor (LPC-S), State of Texas, #64291
- Board Certified in Neurofeedback, Fellow (BCN), E5096
- Board Certified in Quantitative EEG, Licensed Diplomate (QEEG-DL), D098
- National Certified Counselor (NCC), #277926
- EMDR Certified Therapist, #55622697
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional (CPT-I/II), #44932740
- Interactive Metronome Certified Provider (IMC)
- Certified Anger Resolution Therapist (CART)
- Founder/Owner of Archway Support/ Archway Outreach 501(c)(3)
- Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology, The University of Texas of the Permian Basin, 2008
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering, Texas Tech University, 1985
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) training
- Training in multiple neurotherapy systems
- International QEEG Certification Board, Chairperson
- International Society for Neuroregulation and Research, Member
- Association for Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback, Member
- Biofeedback Society of Texas, Member
- EMDR International Association, Member
- American Counseling Association, Member
- Texas Counseling Association, Member
- American Psychological Association, Associate Member
- Christian Counselors of Texas, Member
- International Psychotraumatology Association, Member