Heather W. Henderson
MA, LPC, BCN
I have a Master of Arts degree in Clinical Psychology from The University of Texas of the Permian Basin located in Odessa, Texas; and received a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from The University of Texas at Dallas located in Richardson, Texas. I am a Licensed Professional Counselor; licensed by the Texas State Board of Examiners of Professional Counselors. In addition, I am Board Certified in Neurofeedback; certified by the Biofeedback Certification International Alliance and a Certified Trauma Practitioner. These credentials, combined with my educational background, work and life experiences and commitment to continuing my education through seminars and personal study have equipped me to work with adults, couples, families, adolescents and children.
Email Heather — Heather@archwaysupport.com
Philosophy of Counseling
In order for clients to do the profound, yet healing work of counseling, I strive to provide a non-judgmental, safe and positive environment. My style of counseling is an eclectic one, utilizing cognitive-behavioral, solution-focused, and client-centered techniques. My goal is to support clients’ efforts to gain insight and to help identify solutions to address areas of concern. Additionally, I believe that most of the answers lie within the client and that therapy is a useful way to become aware of certain blind spots that block our awareness of those answers.
Although I do conduct traditional talk therapy sessions, Neurofeedback is an important part of my clinical practice. It can be combined with talk therapy to achieve significant improvements in the ability of an individual to self- regulate and relax. These are important components in most of the issues that bring people into counseling, which is why this drug-free approach to treating brain dysregulations is such a great add-on to talk therapy.
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), State of Texas, #84841
- Board Certified in Neurofeedback (BCN), E5609
- EMDR Certified Therapist
- Certified Trauma Professional
- Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology, The University of Texas of the Permian Basin
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, The University of Texas at Dallas
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) training
- Training in multiple neurotherapy systems
- International Society for Neuroregulation and Research, Member
- American Psychological Association, Associate Member
- American Counseling Association, Member
- EMDR International Association, Member
- International Association of Psychotraumotology, Member